A WORD ON (COVID-19) FROM CONTEMPORARY
OUR RESPONSE AND HOW YOU CAN HELP
““Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
Here at Contemporary we are all aware of the evolving situation with COVID-19 around the world. We are aware that our response as a church is likely on your mind.
We are trusting God, praying for those who are sick and scared, and working to prevent the spread of this disease. As Christians, we believe prayer has power, so we seek help from the Lord.
WHAT WE’RE DOING AS A CHURCH
- Instead of a regular Sunday in-person gathering, we will have an online experience live broadcast at 11:00 am on Sundays and at 7:00pm on Wednesdays until Douglas County High School re-opens. Join us online at contemporary-church.com, YouTube LIVE (Subscribe here), or on FaceBook LIVE!
- We encourage you to have WATCH PARTIES. Gather your group members, friends, and family, and watch the online experience broadcast.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Pray for our community and those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers who are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
- Reflect Christ. In these anxious days, the church (all of us) can shine as a light of hope, care, faith, patience, and prudence. We can demonstrate to the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear.
- Practice recommended personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Enjoy our online service.
YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
- You are covered by the blood of Jesus!
- Let our faith stand in Psalm 91. We encourage you to read the whole chapter with your families and let that be your confidence in the Lord.